Dark web users can protect themselves from cybercrime by using a variety of tools to help increase anonymity and security. This includes:
1. Using the Tor browser to access the dark web which helps maintain anonymity by routing data through multiple servers.
2. Encrypting their data with appropriate tools for their OS.
3. Using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to ensure their IP address remains hidden.
4. Only downloading items from trusted websites and sources.
5. Regularly updating software and anti-virus programs.
6. Avoiding suspicious emails, links, and websites.
7. Utilizing two-factor authentication to log into websites.
8. Carefully monitoring which sites log user data.
9. Shopping with cryptocurrency, which is harder to trace than using credit cards or bank transfers.